BYRON VAUGHNS SHAZAM BLOG

I know everyone has been wondering, who is this guy?
But as you continue to read my blog, the mystery will unfold.....

Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam and all related images are © and ® DC Comics

Billy Batson Covers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

HOW I CAME TO WORK ON “SHAZAM”


After working in a multitude of creative cartoonist positions, I ended up employed for Hanna Barbera Productions (you know, the “Jonny Quest/Scooby-Doo” people). During my tenure as Producer there, I was involved with ABC network’s children’s division working on the animated television series, “Dumb & Dumber”, and guess who was ABC’s General Manager? Why none other than the multi-talented nice guy (and future DC Comics Executive Editor) Dan Di Dio (yes he has two last names). After that series ended, I moved on to Cartoon Network’s “Johnny Bravo” to produce and co-develop the series with the creator Van Partible. Dan eventually left California and went on to DC Comics in New York. Years later, when Dan needed help on BB&MS, he called me out of the blue and wanted to know if I was available to pencil and ink issue #5. Would I?…..You bet I was available……to be continued……………..

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting Byron. Can't wait to see you cover to BBMOS # 12 on Monday at Newsarama.

    All the best,

    mdtk

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for your interest. As far as Monday goes.....we'll see....

    ReplyDelete